Developers like to joke that a site must be hosted on heroku if it takes a while to load. There's an easy way to keep your site live and snappy...
1. Go to heroku's add ons
2. click the standard plan to see how to add to heroku from terminal;
heroku addons:add newrelic:standard
3. Login to new relic's dashboard;
Follow their 6 easy steps. (I won't repeat them here.)
4. Configure the .yml file they give you.
I just changed my app name to destroy all tasks
5. From the dashboard, go to Applications > Reporting
6. Then, add the site to ping and have it ping every minute.
Other Code Posts
More than a freelancer
Tired of dealing with multiple people to get something done?
Hire Dave! He can...
- Talk strategy
- Sketch wireframes
- Develop systems
- Create work flows
- Design logos
- Build web apps
- Analyze financials
- Manage teams